Distributed System Concept
Today, I will explain the Distributed Systems Concept, concretely:
- What it is?
- Some examples of the same
- The features
- Advantages and disadvantages of a Distributed System
What is a Distributed System?
In general, a Distributed System is a system with several components that is found on different machines so that it is connected through a data network and that presents itself as a single system for users.
Examples of Distributed System
In the current world, we find several examples of distributed systems, with special emphasis:
- Telecommunication networks;
- Network applications;
- Online games;
The key features of a Distributed System
- Openess: In order for the systems to “talk” between then, it is very important that they are opened because only then will it be easier to extend them;
- Concurrency: The presence of multiple users in a distributed system means that a certain resource can be accessed simultaneously;
- Scalability: A distributed system should be indispensable so that new systems can be added in a simpler way, with very low costs and without any impact on the service;
- Fault Tolerance: Any process or network can fail autonomously.
Advantages and disadvantages of a Distributed System
I hope you like it!! :)